The 'Coreboot' Long Term Support (LTS) Project is the collaboration of multiple coreboot developers to find and port coreboot to a modern laptop in order to showcase coreboots unique characteristic attributes.
What you will need
- The laptop
- A method to restore the laptops fw should things go wrong (anti-brick), that is, you need a SPI flasher
- Be prepared to open up your laptop
Currently voted for machine
We wish to support a AMD AGESA platform since:
- AMD provide us with code and datasheets
- AMD platforms don't contain blobs for the most part
- Initial porting is made orders of magnitude easier by libAGESA
Put your prefered laptop vote <<HERE>>
- Toshiba Satellite C50D-A : 15.6" HD Widescreen 1366 x 768, Radeon HD 8210, 4GB DDR3, AMD E1-2100 Dual Core (1M Cache, 1.0GHz).