- "RedBoot is a complete bootstrap environment for embedded systems. Based on the eCos Hardware Abstraction Layer, RedBoot inherits the eCos qualities of reliability, compactness, configurability, and portability.
- Erm, anyway. I have my initial success in getting RedBoot to run from
- coreboot on the SiS630 in a 256k part. What I'm missing now is hard drive support, although RedBoot's ide drivers should be completely polled, I'm having trouble forcing the controller on.
- There you will find:
- romimage - 256K flash image for RedBoot running under coreboot
- redboot.ebi - elf boot image to be attempted on other chipsets as well
- fixedredboot.cap - minicom log of the boot up as it is now
- redboot_LINUXBIOS.ecm - redboot config script
- winfast.config - coreboot config script
- southbridge.c - my attempt at forcing the ide controllers on, as pulled from tiara
Adam never follows up to say he discovered how to turn the controller on and now the page and files at UMD are 404: Gone. Adam later worked on ADLO and has a paper listed in Documentation, both unrelated to RedBoot.