We hope to participate in Google Code-in 2010 (basically Google Summer of code for 13-18 year old students)
Please note that the task list is not finished, and we will add more tasks once we know how long individual tasks are supposed to take.
See http://www.flashrom.org/GCI2010 for a huge list of flashrom related tasks.
Code: writing or refactoring code
Documentation: creating/editing documents
- Update the FAQ wiki page, maybe restructure it
Outreach: community management and outreach/marketing
- We have lots of developers that have some boards each. For broad changes in our code, equally broad testing might be nice. Figure out a way to coordinate testing of special revisions for given subsets of boards (eg. one board per southbridge on K8 based boards) by signing up developers to test on their hardware.
Quality Assurance: testing and ensuring code is of high quality
- Design a coreboot tester product, hardware and software
The test system is severely under-utilized. It would likely help to have a simple tester product or package that can be used to hook up mainboards to the test system. FPGA + ARM with Ethernet?
Research: studying a problem and recommending solutions
- CMOS layout isn't versionable, per board where per-component might be more appropriate in some instances, there are no default values, and it's generally too many hacks per LOC to be truly useful. How could that be improved?
Training: helping others learn more
- Create a FAQ entry with a high-level overview of coreboot code
- Create a wiki page about devicetree.cb files
- Our userspace tools could be localized (nvramtool etc), as could selected documentation
User Interface: user experience research or user interface design and interaction
- Kconfig layout: Could it be improved to be more sensible?