Revision as of 16:24, 7 October 2012 by GNUtoo
Like GPXE uses legacy BIOS callbacks, and it works well with SeaBIOS. See GPXE.
Building and Running in seaBIOS howto
Here are the goals of this howto:
- fits in 128k for easier building process
- boot over an ath9k WiFi over an open/unencrypted wifi to an image that resides on the internet...
Identify your wireless network card:
# lspci [...] 03:06.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR922X Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
Identify its PCI IDs:
# lspci -s 03:06.0 -nnn 03:06.0 Network controller : Atheros Communications Inc. AR922X Wireless Network Adapter [168c:0029] (rev 01)
git clone git://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git cd ipxe/src/
Copy the following into
- keep pressing ctrl+b while booting
- it will give you a shell:
- You will then need to type some commands to make it boot on the WiFi from the Internet.
- Identify your ESSID
- set the ESSID
- get an IP Address
- test the official demo (requires a ps2 keyboard)