Revision as of 12:06, 8 June 2007 by Uwe
This is a random list of ideas for features which would be nice to have in LinuxBIOS (or a payload).
Having an item here does not mean that someone is necessarily already working on it.
Ideas / Wishlist
- Flashrom-like payload to allow reflashing the BIOS without having to load an OS, boot from floppies or similar.
- Support for the NX-bit.
- Config option for enabling/disabling HPET (high precision event timers) on all boards which have them.
- Config option for enabling/disabling hardware virtualization.
- Config option for enabling/disabling the TPM chip on boards which have one.
- Busybox-style mini-payload for recovery purposes (possible already to a certain degree, but should be simplified).