[coreboot-announce] [ANNOUNCE] Roda RK886EX (Rocky III+) notebook support

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Jan 16 20:09:20 CET 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen,

coreboot® is running on a multitude of different computers, ranging from
tiny embedded systems as small as the palm of your hand over desktop and
server systems to super computers with thousands of nodes. However, one
might say that in the area of mobile computers coreboot has to catch up,
compared to its support of other devices.
Thus, I am especially glad to announce that coresystems GmbH is
releasing coreboot® for the Roda RK886EX a.k.a Rocky III+ notebook
today. It's a rugged notebook, protected against shock, vibration, dust
and humidity:
http://www.roda-computer.com/en/products/notebooks/rocky-iii-rk886ex.html

We have been testing various Linux distributions as well as Windows XP
and Windows 7 booting on this nice notebook.

I want to sincerely thank those who made this project possible with
their funding:
- secunet Security Networks AG
- Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnologie (Federal
Office for Information Security, BSI)

A big thank you also goes to everyone who worked with coresystems on
this project.

Best regards,
Stefan Reinauer

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613