E7500

GNUOrder gnuorder at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Dec 3 17:32:00 CET 2002

I had similar trouble with 2.4.19 on a Tyan E7500 motherboard and RH80.  The
stock RH 2.4.18 wouldn't work either and none of the pre 2.4.20's I tried
would work.  I could only get 2.4.18 to run stable.  I used the gcc that came
with RH80 kernel builds I think, though I've since downgraded to the previous
clean release of gcc.  I also had to get the latest unrelease BIOS from Tyan
so the BIOS was at least part of the problem.  Its not a machine I can play
with to see if 2.4.20 works or if building 2.4.19 with different version of
gcc would have worked.

GO