Booting from floppy

Adam Sulmicki adam at cfar.umd.edu
Fri Dec 6 20:04:00 CET 2002

> We are interested in using LinuxBIOS on our medical system, running the
> Digital Logic P5 PC-104 SBC. After reading these posts, and scanning the
> FAQ, I am confused about boot methods:

> Will LinuxBIOS work on a stand-alone system with a EIDE disk?

yes, definitely.

> If floppy boot won't be supported, can it boot from cdrom?

It is not that it "won't be supported" as much as there wasn't much of
interested. That's all. I bet it is just at most one day of work to get
booting from floppy to work.. so it is not a big deal.

It would be much easier if you could put what's the target OS you are
going to run, as it would make answering question easier. For example if
you don't need PC BIOS services (it is what ADLO/BOCHS-BIOS is about) then
there are tons of other ways to configure LinuxBIOS.

--
Adam Sulmicki
http://www.eax.com 	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers