LinuxBios on SC2200 board from National

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Sat Dec 14 12:07:35 CET 2002

* Yogesh Desai <yogeshd at myw.ltindia.com> [021214 11:49]:
> Will it be advisable to boot the board with LinuxBios and still use all the pheripheral interfaces and displays.

To do this you probably have to call the VSA2 binary drivers that come
with the Xpress ROM kit. Otherwise you are not able to use some of the
peripheral components. I've been initializing network and usb correctly
without VSA, but with other components you might run out of luck. I
heard rumours that you can get video to work just with the Linux
framebuffer driver, but I did not get anything but a black screen
without VSA init. Sound definitely needs VSA init, as there is no driver
that uses the native interface

Stefan
--
Laissez Faire Economics is the theory that if each acts like a vulture,
all will end as doves.