kernel image size

Karthik Bala Guru tkarthikbalaguru at yahoo.co.in
Mon Dec 16 13:21:01 CET 2002

Oh yuh,
I was into reducing linux kernel to around 256 kb ...
it was a futile attempt some 3 months back... !!
But i suppose that it will be acheivable with a
vast band of assembly programmers with tonnes of
time in hand !!!

yes, compiling older kernels on the newer ones
was never a success story in my experience !!

Try out asmutils ... It will give u enough idea.
It is much similar to tomsrtbt but gives
clear idea to reduce linux kernel size !!

The smallest linux kernel in world is that of
coventive technologies according to many newsgroups.

The smallest size achieved by me with MINIRTL ...
a tiny RTLINUX is that of around 450KB with many
supports removed !!

karthik bala guru

 --- Tyson D Sawyer <tyson at irobot.com> wrote: > I'm
not sure that uC-Linux can't get that small.