first attempt... almost. :-)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-linuxbios at benshaw.com
Fri Dec 27 21:33:01 CET 2002

I cut the trace, enabled flash and flashed it.  I'm now the proud owner of a
doorstop.  :-)

At the end of this email is a paste from the serial log.  It boots, says it
jumps to RAM, my HDD light flickers (I'm using the BOOT_IDE flag) and then it
starts over again.

A couple of questions:  Is it saying it's happy with the system RAM?  I do not
have a kernel image at the location I said it would be at in the config file,
which is why I _think_ that it is rebooting, but I thought there'd be some
kind of log message stating something to that effect.

My other question is one I probably already know the answer to: is there a
serial-port flash util in LinuxBIOS?  It's not a big big deal, I knew the
risks going in to this but I'd like to try and get around desoldering a TQFP
part and buying the adaptor (and socket) if I can help it.  These
motherboards were only $10, it seems silly to spend hundreds to reflash it.
:-)

(and yeah, the date is right... it's been over a month since I've been really
working on it.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew

LinuxBIOS-1.0.0 Mon Nov 25 21:39:06 EST 2002 starting...
Ram1
After 0x0000000 nop...
Before 0x4000000 nop...
After 0x4000000 nop...
After 0x54...
After 0x00...
Before 0x4000000 nop...
After 0x4000000 nop...
After 0x4000000 nop...
Before 0x4000000 nop...
After 0x4000000 nop...
First DRAM setup done
Ram2
Ram3
Ram Enable 1
Ram Enable 2
Ram Enable 3
Ram Enable 4
Ram Enable 5
Ram4
Ram5
Ram6
Copying LinuxBIOS to ram.
Jumping to LinuxBIOS.

LinuxBIOS-1.0.0 Mon Nov 25 21:39:06 EST 2002 starting...
Ram1
After 0x0000000 nop...
Before 0x4000000 nop...
After 0x4000000 nop...