first attempt... almost. :-)

Steve M. Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Fri Dec 27 23:23:01 CET 2002

> jumps to RAM, my HDD light flickers (I'm using the BOOT_IDE flag)
> and then it
> starts over again.
>
> A couple of questions:  Is it saying it's happy with the system
> RAM?

All of my results like this were that RAM was not really there.  It is
copying the C code to ram, which isn't there, and then jumping to garbage,
which on many mobos results in a reboot eventually.

Could be the ram is in the wrong slot.  Did you try all RAM sockets?  Some
bridge implementations in LinuxBios expect a particular socket (#1 if it is
numbered).

-Steve