VIA EPIA - Trying to get it built

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Nov 7 00:59:01 CET 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, BIOS Support Personnel wrote:

> gcc ... -o version.o /.../freebios/src/lib/version.c
> /.../freebios/src/lib/version.c:10:2: #error MAINBOARD_VENDOR not defined
> /.../freebios/src/lib/version.c:13:2: #error MAINBOARD_PART_NUMBER not
> defined
> make: *** [version.o] Error 1

these should never be put into the .c file (e.g. version.c) since this
code compiles for 50 or so mainboards.

Rather they should be defined in src/mainboard/via/epia/Config and I have
added defines.

I would much prefer that these variables be created by the pathname of the
mainboard, but there may be a reason to do it otherwise.

> Again, I run make and get "make: *** No rule to make target
> '.../freebios/mainboard.c', needed by 'mainboard.o'. Stop.

that's weird. But there have been several changes lately so we'll have to
do some looking around. Andrew, are you seeing this?

ron