kernel image size

Tyson D Sawyer tyson at irobot.com
Thu Nov 7 16:41:01 CET 2002

I'm not sure that uC-Linux can't get that small.  You loose some
features bu it might be worth checking.

http://www.uclinux.org/

I don't know the details or how current this info is but from the "What
is page":

* Common Linux API
* uCkernel < 512 kb
* uCkernel + tools < 900 kb

I don't know what is included in that 512K or if it is a compress image
or not.  However, I've heard its smaller.  ...slim chance but worth
looking into.

Ty