P6STMT

Adam Sulmicki adam at cfar.umd.edu
Wed Nov 13 07:59:01 CET 2002

> > > 	does anyone here runs P6STMT mbo by EliteGroup?
> > > 		http://www.ecs.com.tw/products/p6stmt.htm
> > > 	The "WinFast 6300" config file seems to work with it,
> > Ok, I have setup its own configuration for it, with its own PIRQ table.
> > I must boot PC BIOS classic first, then *warm* boot into the LinuxBIOS.

> > How I would go about settting dll.inc ? What's the way to get those
> > values?

> It is used to configure the Delay Lock Loop in the DRAM controller. The
> value depends on chipset and PCB layout.

Could it be responsible for the hangs few minutes after linux finish
booting, or is it more likely the FSB clock, or something else?

So is there some way to determine DLL given that it is SIS630 chiset
and memory slots are about 1.25-1.5 times as far as they were in the
WinFast motherboard from which DLL values I'm using now?

Is there some other alternative like read some registers, or setup some
hardware breakpoint?

--
Adam
http://www.eax.com 	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers