Can't get a rom image below 512k?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-linuxbios at benshaw.com
Wed Nov 13 22:54:00 CET 2002

> It will work.  I don't think your kernel is flakey. If anything, I think
> the problem is elsewhere.  And I think the fault is in the simulator,
> but I can't get the Bochs team to agree one way, or the other, with my
> suggestions regarding this project. Yes, please do.

I traced through my rom image.  at t=511471, the BIOS jumps to 10:4000
(selector 16 starts at 0, so it's jumping into very low memory, where it was
busy putting something earlier.  I think it was decompressing something there
from the looks of the trace and the map file.)

Once at 0x04000, it outputx 0x13 to port 0x80 and seems to commit suicide
shortly thereafter.

I'll send you what I have offlist.

Regards,
Andrew