Can't get a rom image below 512k?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-linuxbios at benshaw.com
Thu Nov 14 17:22:00 CET 2002

> One will be the fallback image, the other is the primary. If you're not
> building for fallback, then you'll just have the primary, but will need to
> adjust things so that it's base is at ffffxxxx rather than fffexxxx, or
> build a 'fallback' image but with ZKERNEL_START moved down to the bottom
> of your FLASH instead of ffff0000. In a fallback image, ZKERNEL_START
> normally points so that the fallback image can find the primary. In a
> primary image, it points to the bottom of flash (typically) and is used to
> find your primary payload.

Hmmm...  Bochs seems to find the BIOS and execute it just fine (well until
later on, that is) without mucking with anything.  Attached are my Config and
config files.

The payload will eventually be an etherboot image which will boot from IDE
(CompactFlash) -- offhand, do I use any old ethernet driver for etherboot,
since I'm falling back to IDE?  And do I use (for example) ne.img, ne.lzrom,
ne.o or ne.rom?  None of them are being identified as an ELF image, even
though the etherboot config file is saying to create ELF images.

Regards,
Andrew