Can't get a rom image below 512k?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith at benshaw.com
Wed Nov 20 09:31:00 CET 2002

> It will work.  I don't think your kernel is flakey. If anything, I think
> the problem is elsewhere.  And I think the fault is in the simulator,
> but I can't get the Bochs team to agree one way, or the other, with my
> suggestions regarding this project. Yes, please do.

Oops...  It doesn't commit suicide when at 0x04000; it is doing more
unpacking.  I am now tracing it printing "LinuxBIOS", trying to see where it
*does* jump off in to never-never land, eventually tripping bochs out by
going over my memory size.

Yes, I figured out why it was giving me that error -- the BIOS eventually
jumped in to zeroed RAM and just kept going.  The crash always occured at the
16M mark, where is what I have my RAM size set to. :-)

Regards,
Andrew