rom_stream: The use of stream tags?

steven james pyro at
Tue Nov 26 07:10:00 CET 2002

That sounds like the copy in the baremetal toolkit. I put it in there so
that multiple payloads can be detected and chosen at boot time. The tag
structure consists of one or more 16 byte segments starting with $TAG$ for
detection. The 1st block contains a count of additional blocks, and the
target's size, + 6 bytes for the name of the target. Additional blocks
contain the continuation of the name.

I set it up to start at offset 0 in the event that there are no tags for
backward compatability.