Question regarding instructions...

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Fri Nov 29 00:49:01 CET 2002

On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 05:59 PM, steven james wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> If the flash is in a socket, no problem. Believe it or not, the PLCC
> flash
> chips can be hot swapped (power ON). So, the best approach is to use a
> spare chip for LinuxBIOS, and keep the original as a rescue chip.

Well I'd like to know if this is a socket. It doesn't seem like it to
me... but I imagine with the right tool I would be removable. I have
taken a picture with a web camera. It is a bad picture but I think it
is clear enough that someone familiar with BIOS's would recognize it.
So if you would be so kind as to check that would be great. the address
is http://www.gnat.ca/photos/SBC.jpg . Let me know if it looks like a
removable and I'll start getting the code up and ready to try. Just as
a little description, the square piece in the middle is the AWARD PNP
chip and directly below it is the DiscOnChip 2000.

--
Nathanael Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T/F 403.288.5360