file system error (fwd)

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at
Fri Nov 29 12:00:01 CET 2002

any ideas?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:35:52 +0900
From: Munjun Kang <malas at>
To: Ronald G. Minnich <rminnich at>
Subject: Re: file system error

Thanks for your reply.

I tried as your suggest.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=1024 count=10000 ~ 100000
Segmentation fault's are occured in random by count.

and then, turn off the UDMA feature by hdparm option.
But, I can see same symptom.

In this time, I tried to attach SCSI & IEEE1394 SBP-2 devices.
case1. Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter + 8GB Seagate SCSI HDD
case2. IEEE1394 Interface card + external IEEE1394 HDD
both cases show the same problem.

Now, I think it's not a DMA problem.
I'm in the maze. hmmmm......

Is there any clear hint?