National Semiconductor Geode GX1 ?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at
Fri Nov 29 15:25:01 CET 2002

* Bari Ari <bari at> [021129 18:44]:
> Christer Weinigel wrote:
> ><cut'n'paste>
> >    There is no video support in LinuxBIOS itself, so you won't get
> >    any video until you have loaded the NatSemi Geode Linux
> >    framebuffer driver (can be found at under the
> >    heading SP1SC10 Platform Image).
> >
> >    There is no SMM/VSA support at all, this means that anything
> >    relying on it won't work.  What this means is that Audio won't
> >    work.
> >
> >Other than that everything works fine, IDE in PIO mode, the PCI bus.
> ></cut'n'paste>
> >
> Has anyone tried to load the SMM/VSA as a binary using the Xpressloader
> source with LinuxBIOS to have SMM/VSA working?

I've looked at it but did not follow it further. Seems like VSA1 has
some 16bit interface, but i am not sure about vsa2. so basically one
would have to find a proper place during system bootup and just jump
into the binary, taking the structure of vsa binaries into regard.
any hints on known pitfalls? Christer?

Best regards,
  Stefan Reinauer
The x86 isn't all that complex - it just doesn't make a lot of
sense.          -- Mike Johnson, Leader of 80x86 Design at AMD
	                          Microprocessor Report (1994)