PCChips M758LMR+ works for me but...

Todd E. Johnson tejohnson at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 08:11:00 CEST 2002

Thanks for the response!

>I assume this is redhat 7. The slowness of the bootup scripts
>has managed to almost eliminate the speed of boot you get with
linuxbios. It's
>depressing.

No, sorry, It's Slackware 8.1 and about half the boot scripts have been
remarked out.

> I believe this has been solved, Andrew Ip and Ollie are the experts on
> this one.

That's great, I have been relying on USB...

> This sounds like an IRQ table problem. Did you get a chance
> to run getpir
> and compare to linuxbios getpir?

No, but I will certainly so this!

> what features do you use? we're weak in this area and could use help.

I primarily have been using ACPI for startup & shutdown.  Startup will
always work when there is momentary contact to the power header.  ACPI
fails to load which causes it to not see the power button.  There is not
an ACPI directory under /proc, so ACPID has nothing to watch for (ex:
Momentary contact on the power button to initiate `shutdown`.

     Regards,

Todd E. Johnson
tejohnson at yahoo.com