LinuxBIOS in 512KB flash

Hieu T. Tran htran at viosoft.com
Tue Oct 8 19:41:00 CEST 2002

We're working to port LinuxBIOS to a via 133 platform
with a 512KB boot flash.  We believe that the flash is
wired such that on reset, 0xFFFF0 is mapped to 0x7FFF0
on the flash, which is slightly below 512KB on the flash.

We have been trying various config file settings
(ROMTOP, ROMSIZE, PAYLOAD_SIZE) to position ROMTOP and
reset_vector accordingly without much success.  Simply
getting a larger flash wont help since the board will
only recognize the first 512KB.  Has anyone solved this
problem?

-- HT
htran at viosoft.com