Trouble calling hardwaremain

Hieu T. Tran htran at viosoft.com
Fri Oct 11 15:49:00 CEST 2002

Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> For even more fun I have had a hardware glitch that caused the the
> memory size to be set to 0 after initializing it, properly.  The copy
> succeeded when I had no ram at all.  Of course I couldn't execute the
> LinuxBIOS code.
>
> Have you enabled the serial port?

I have enabled the serial port, but no console message so far.  Perhaps,
my bigger challenge is to get access to documentation for this board.
It's manufactured by Portwell (NAD-2050), but there is very data that is
available on their site or from the live techsupport contact.

> There is a file ramtest.inc that you can included that will do a basic
> sanity check on the ram to see if is working.  Usually that is a help
> when brining up a new port.

I haved tried including ramtest.inc, but without serial port output, it's
difficult to tell.  BTW:  I'm attaching my lspci output and config file
for reference.  I'm going to do more due-dilligence on SDRAM initialization
before I have more progress to report.

-- HT