SiS 530 and the Biostar "Sunflower" M5SAF

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Fri Oct 11 16:04:01 CEST 2002

On Friday, October 11, 2002, at 01:45 PM, Todd E. Johnson wrote:

> Kinda curious,
>
> What is the possibility of trying LinuxBios on this hardware?  `lspci
> -vvv` is attached in pci.txt.  It is a SiS 530 chipset, and a vendor
> link to the unit is:
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/products/easynow/easynowpc.htm
>
> Just kinda curious since you can find these for < $75.00 US is most
> places, and since I have a few of them.  One of which was previously
> installed in my car.

I have a SIS 530 board that I'd like to add support for. I'm not to the
point where I can though. I do have the complete datasheet for the 530
chipset so that would probably help in developing it. In reality though
my main problem is finding documentation that adequately describes how
one would go through the process of building linuxbios for a machine.
The source tree seems really convoluted to me at the moment, although I
haven't spent much time getting deep into it because I'm still getting
other parts of the system working, and the LinuxBIOS part will be a
"feature" or nice perk if I get it working that is...

--
Nathanael Noblet
Gnat Solutions

(403) 288 - 4613