LinuxBIOS for MIPS

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Tue Oct 15 11:29:00 CEST 2002

Ronald G Minnich wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Dave Dworin wrote:
>

>>Is LinuxBIOS available for MIPS architecture?
>>

>I would like it to be, but we have not found a good platform to work with.
>
>ron

We are looking at getting LinuxBIOS or PPCboot up on the Broadcom 1250

http://www.broadcom.com/products/1250.html

Dual 64bit MIPS cores, 3 Gigabit Ethernet Macs, Dual DDR controllers,
PCI and HyperTransport I/O all on a single die and around 10 Watts at 1
GHz. I hear there is a quad core version due out soon.

They look a bit pricy but we could easily stuff enough of these into a
single 42U rack to offer the same performance as the large 10-TFlop
cluster thats being built at LANL with 1/10 the heat.

Bari