linuxbios for the tyan 2466n-4m

Daniel Freedman freedman at
Wed Oct 16 12:13:01 CEST 2002

Hi Steven (and others),

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002, steven james wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm considering tackling that board (The legacy BIOS is TERRIBLE on that

Great news!  I have a lot of interest in the 760MPX and the S2466N-4M,
running nearly fifty in my cluster (diskless, using PXE remote boot from
BIOS, which is probably the best to hope for, outside of something modern,
well-written, and open like LinuxBIOS).  I agree that the bios provided
leaves _much_ to be desired, especially with serial console, etc...

> board). Hopefully, next week, I'll try out the MP LinuxBIOS then try to
> port from there.

Let me know (on- or off-list) if there's anything I could do to help.

Take care,

> G'day,
> sjames

Daniel A. Freedman <freedman at>, Graduate Fellow
  Electronic Structure Calculations, LASSP, Cornell University
Free University Project:
  Help build an accredited open-admission, free-tuition online university!