Fwd: Re: 810LMR LinuxBIOS setup

Antony Stone Antony at Soft-Solutions.co.uk
Tue Oct 22 07:33:01 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 11:05 am, James Alton wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm new to this list, so let me explain where I'm at. I just visited the
> LinuxBIOS page and noticed it had 810LR (810L now?) support and a nice
> HOWTO-ish sort of document. I was looking at the type of Disk on Chip to
> use. In the 810LR document, he says to use an MD-2800-D08, and later
> says that a MD-2802 will work as it's the newer version of a practically
> identical chip. I am wondering anyone has gotten the MD-2810-D08 working
> with LinuxBIOS and if there is any reason it shouldn't?
>
> P.S. the MD-2810 is about $10 cheaper per chip, this is why I am asking
> if there are any important differences.

MD-2810 is a TSOP - Thin Small Outline Package - which is a surface-mount
device, therefore it's electrically identical to MD-2800 but physically it
won't fit in your Bios socket....

Antony.

those who understand binary notation,
and those who don't.