root file system where

Antony Stone Antony at Soft-Solutions.co.uk
Fri Oct 25 05:02:01 CEST 2002

On Friday 25 October 2002 8:32 am, OliverArnold at via.com.tw wrote:

> Hello World,
>
> I try to set up a LinuxBIOS System. What i really can not understand is the
> following: When I Flash the root filesystem into the BIOS Flash rom, where
> do i tell the kernel to mount it? How does that work?

If you mean you are putting a kernel into Disk On Chip, along with a root
filing system as well, then the answer is that the root fs should be on
/dev/nftla1

If, on the other hand, you are actually only putting the kernel onto flash
(DoC or some other flash device) then your root fs will still be /dev/hda1 or
wherever you have all your system files (maybe somewhere across a
 network...).

Does this tell you what you need ?

Antony.

--

Normal people think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".