root file system where

Antony Stone Antony at
Fri Oct 25 05:02:01 CEST 2002

On Friday 25 October 2002 8:32 am, OliverArnold at wrote:

> Hello World,
> I try to set up a LinuxBIOS System. What i really can not understand is the
> following: When I Flash the root filesystem into the BIOS Flash rom, where
> do i tell the kernel to mount it? How does that work?

If you mean you are putting a kernel into Disk On Chip, along with a root
filing system as well, then the answer is that the root fs should be on

If, on the other hand, you are actually only putting the kernel onto flash
(DoC or some other flash device) then your root fs will still be /dev/hda1 or
wherever you have all your system files (maybe somewhere across a

Does this tell you what you need ?

Normal people think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".