Want these patches?
kevinh at ispiri.com
Tue Oct 29 13:41:00 CET 2002
I recently played around with getting Linuxbios running on a VIA Eden/8601
northbridge/8231 southbridge. Linuxbios is damn cool!
I'm happy to contribute the changes back to the project, who should I send
the patches to?
* Add instructions on building for a VIA mainboard
* Make a new mainboard type for the Eden board
* Fix a number of small mistakes in the vt8231 southbridge code
* Fix the vt8601 raminit code to setup DRAM correctly. I presume this is a
good thing? The existing comments implied it wasn't yet working. I've only
fixed the non SMBus based version - i.e. this file has to be hand tuned for
whatever RAM you are using.
* Change the vt8231 setup to optionally enable the built in ethernet.
The linux bios will now boot through to a shell prompt - IDE etc is happy. I
haven't completed testing on Ethernet.
More information about the coreboot