bios savior for via eden

Kevin Hester kevinh at
Tue Oct 29 16:46:00 CET 2002

On my motherboard the stock BIOS was 256K.  So I just used:

dumpdevmem 0xfffc 0x40000 > stockbios

Dumpdevmem was just some tool that came with linuxbios and did a mmap from

I was using a Grammar Engine ROM ICE for my development, so this was handy.
I could easily go back and forth between the linuxbios and stock by changing
the load I placed into the ICE.