The DoC problem

Hamish Guthrie (Mail Lists) hamishl at
Mon Sep 9 06:04:01 CEST 2002

I think the DoC mess is here to stay, there is one potential solution if
people are insisting on having DoC, and that is to make up a little board
which plugs into a BIOS socket which has both a 256k flash device and a
little bit of decode logic for a DoC, as well as a DoC - if anyone is
interested in this approach, I could knock together a few prototypes for a
couple of $'s, but I have my reservations as to this being a permanent
long-term solution for production systems.