Any UK DiskOnChip Retailers?

Hamish Guthrie (Mail Lists) hamishl at dplanet.ch
Mon Sep 9 06:26:00 CEST 2002

Just having had a look at one of the BIOS flash vendors - there are now
devices up to 8Mbit available for both firmware hub and LPC - one vendor in
particular has an 8Mbit flash device which attaches directly to LPC.

I have not looked to see which chipset vendors are supporting firmware hub,
but according to a bit of documentation I saw, this is aimed at the i8xx
chipsets, but it appears as though there is still the 8Mbit barrier.

I guess this all depends upon the application - is the application a purely
embedded solution with only flash being used, or is it a case of being able
to fit a kernel into the BIOS chip - for the latter case, I guess 8Mbit
would be adequate.

Hamish