The DoC problem

Jan Kok kok at surfbest.net
Tue Sep 10 14:38:00 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee" <LeeCausier at gamebox.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: The DoC problem

> Use two rows of header pins.

Yes, if your motherboard has a DIP socket for the BIOS flash chip.  I think
Augat or someone makes plugs with a double row of small round pins that are
intended to plug into DIP sockets, and don't cause damage to the socket like
square header pins do.

But what about motherboards with PLCC sockets?  Any cheap PLCC plugs or PLCC
to DIP adapters available?

- Jan

> Lee Causier, with Radio H.E.L.L. (Helping Engineers Live Longer),
> signing off.
>
> Jan Kok wrote:
>
> >Hamish, what would you use for a plug to plug into the BIOS socket?  I
> >searched all over the place for a plug (or PLCC to DIP adapter for DoC)
and