Any UK DiskOnChip Retailers?

Steve M. Gehlbach steve at
Sun Sep 15 23:51:01 CEST 2002

> > My systems can only boot from the hdd, the network is not
> always in use.  I
> > was under the impression Etherboot was for only for networks.  I assume
> > Etherboot within Linuxbios is the option USE_TFTP.
> Nope the external etherboot project.

Thanks, within 5-10 minutes of trying TFTP I figured out it that wasn't it.
A kind soul sent me an email pointing me to the URL of Etherboot.  I was not
previously familiar with the project.

> > How does the disk/net multiplex work? I am not familiar with that.
> You have never set the boot order in the BIOS?
> Roughly you have a booloader that can boot off of either the hard
> driver or
> the network.

I guess my question was more about the mechanics of doing it.  Is it
possible to multiplex without a BIOS, completely within a (no PC-BIOS)
Etherboot started from linuxbios?  And if the answer is yes, then how do you
specify the disk, partition, and what is the format, etc.