"LinuxBIOS for ARM" or "Merging LinuxBIOS with BLOB"

Nicholas Mistry nick-linuxbios at bostonimportcenter.com
Thu Sep 26 01:01:01 CEST 2002

Just for the record, i have worked extensively with blob.  Especially
during the StrongARM port of linux.

The IPAQ 36xx, 37xx, 38xx handhelds are based off the Intel
Assabet/Neponset Development platform.  The assabet is a StrongARM 1110
chip, and the neponset a 1111 chip.

I currently own one of these, and i have to say its a nice setup.  After i
got my IPAQ 3870, i put the Assabet/Neponset hardware asside.

BLOB is a great little bootloader.  It has definitely come a long way in
the past year.  The one thing that i disliked about it was the mechanics
for updating flash.  But i am sure they have worked that out by now.

-N

> Ronald G Minnich wrote:
>
>>I like the idea of pulling the blob code into linuxbios, then we get a
>>standard.
>>
>>Is there a recommended xscale development card?
>>

> The LART project http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/  is an open hardware
> platform based on the old SA1100. I believe they are working on a new
> SA-1110 and PXA-250 design.
>
> Aleph One http://www.aleph1.co.uk/armlinux/LART/index.html  may still
> have some LART's in stock.
>
> For PXA Intel has a dev board