UPX + linuxbios....

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Sep 27 10:16:01 CEST 2002

Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> it's interesting but it looks like cache-as-ram will work fine on PPC.
>
> Sounds like a neat decompressor though, smaller and faster is always nice.

It only conflicts with my implementation of the cache-asm-ram code,
not the practice.  For PPC where there is architectural support for
locking cache blocks, we should be able to decompress into the
cache...

If it looks like we need to run the code uncompressed from the ROM
holler but for now I am going to assume we can compress everything.
Among other things it greatly simplifies the linker scripts.

Eric