No IRQ Known for interrupt pin A of device 02:04.0. Please try using pci=biosirq

Steve M. Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Sun Sep 29 13:32:00 CEST 2002

> I have Linuxbios boot from DOC successfuly. But I can not get my
> 2-channel-video-monitor-card up.
> When I load the driver, it shows
>   PCI: No IRQ Known for interrupt pin A of device 02:04.0. Please
> try using pci=biosirq
> The driver can not get IRQ, and it can not work.
>
> If I boot from BIOS with the same kernel , the card can work correctly.
>
> I noticed that BIOS set  IRQ into the card but linuxbios does not do so.

You need to make and run the program util/getpir (using the original BIOS,
running Linux) to make the file irq_tables.c, then copy that file into the
mainboard directory, and set the option HAVE_PIRQ_TABLE=1.  Linuxbios when
it starts will copy this file into the shadowed RAM at 0xF0000, where Linux
can find it during startup.  This allows Linux to route the irqs.

-Steve