Steve M. Gehlbach steve at
Mon Sep 30 01:23:00 CEST 2002

> Hello from Gregg C Levine
> Steve? How so? How did you physically connect the CF card to your
> IDE bus? I
> know a number of adapters exist to enable that feature, and I
> know that the
> 2.4 series contains the MTD (Memory Technology Drivers) functions
> directly,
> but after that, I'm lost.

CF is electrically IDE compatible, but not physically.  It requires an
adaptor, but the adaptor is completely passive except for the power
connector.  I bought mine from from this site a while ago:  Otherwise, you use CF just like a
regular HDD, no special drivers required.

CF is less than 1/2 the price of DOC, so I have never really understood why
DOC became popular.