No IRQ Known for interrupt pin A of device 02:04.0. Please try using pci=biosirq

David Xiong xw at chinahost.com
Mon Sep 30 23:26:00 CEST 2002

The mainboard is K7SEM and irq_tables.c is already in the source tree.
I run the program getpir and get an irq_tables.c file which is the same
as the one in the source tree. The program util/getpir reports 6 slot found,
whether I plug in the multimedia card or not, and produce exact the same irq_tables.c.

And the option HAVE_PIRQ_TABLE=1 is set in the config file of the source tree.

I traced into the kernel source and found that the original BIOS set IRQ when POST,
but linuxbios does not do so. The IRQ is 0 when start up with linuxbios.
When the driver of the multimedia card comes up, it find the card has not an IRQ.
Then the driver try to get one from the irq_table, but the PCI device is not in
the irq_table, so it can not find one or assign one to the device.

What else can I do? Can I hard code one irq to the card?

Thanks!

David Xiong