Need help on supporting Fabiatech FB2510 mainboard.

Joey Nelson joey at joescan.com
Tue Apr 1 16:21:00 CEST 2003

I have linuxbios partly working on this GX1/CS5530 based mainboard.

I created a mainboard/fabiatech/fb2510 directory and copied the files
from mainboard/advantech/pcm-5823.

In Config, I changed all references to FDC37B72x to FDC37B78x (By the
way superio/SMC/FDC37B78x/superio.c reports itself as FDC37B72x).
Everything else I left the same.  I based the build config off
config.example, changing the payload from eepro100.ebi to rtl8139.elf
(there was no make target for bin/rtl8139.ebi in Etherboot 5.1.7).

I tried to run getpir on the FB2510 under the existing Award Bios, but
it failed to find a valid PCI IRQ Routing table.  I include the output
below.

I went ahead and built linuxbios (using the irq_tables.c from pcm-5823)
and programmed the FB2510's flash with the resulting romimage.  Booting
with this romimage was quite successful up until configuring the com
port.  Booting freezes right after this point.

------ begin of linuxbios serial console output -------
  Call init
Enabling com device: 04
  iobase = 0x03f8  irq=4
------ end of linuxbios serial console output -------

Actually originally it would only print "io" from the last line.
Looking in superio.c I found that the comments said initialization
should be happening before enabling, but in the code it was happening
the other way around.  Looking in FDC7B72x it was done in the init then
enable order with a delay(1) between the init and enable.  So I went
ahead and made that change in FDC7B72x/superio.c.  After that I got the
above output.

I'm guessing this problem is because my irq routing table is not being
properly configured.  Is this a good guess?  How else can I get the
information to put in irq_table.c?

------ begin of getpir output -------
Opening memory...
Found PCI IRQ Routing table signature at c0229d4c bytes from top of the
memory
Validating../
Version is:13429 Table size:33126
Invalid version
 Invalid table size (not a multiple of 16)
Found PCI IRQ Routing table signature at c16744e0 bytes from top of the
memory
Validating../
Version is:13429 Table size:33126
Invalid version
 Invalid table size (not a multiple of 16)
Found PCI IRQ Routing table signature at c1688bcc bytes from top of the
memory
Validating../
Version is:57116 Table size:16387
Invalid version
 Invalid table size (not a multiple of 16)
Found PCI IRQ Routing table signature at c168a39c bytes from top of the
memory
Validating../
Version is:17863 Table size:476
Invalid version
 Invalid table size (not a multiple of 16)
Found PCI IRQ Routing table signature at c1690e70 bytes from top of the
memory
Validating../
Version is:17863 Table size:476
Invalid version
 Invalid table size (not a multiple of 16)
Found PCI IRQ Routing table signature at c1a62e3c bytes from top of the
memory
Validating../
Version is:17863 Table size:57552
Invalid version