Suggested mechanism of burning a LinuxBIOS on FLASH ROMS

Deepak Kotian dkotian3 at vsnl.net
Wed Apr 9 14:32:52 CEST 2003

Hi,

    This may be a very basic simple question, but I do not know a very good answer/solution
    to do this.

    If I want to burn LinuxBIOS, I can use the burn_mtd script , it may write it
    successfully as well, but if linuxbios is not correctly built. I cannot get the
    any O.S started on this machine, which means I would need to replace the
    BIOS FLASH ROM with a one with proper BIOS and bring up the machine.
    Is there a way I can re-program the old BIOS on to the corrupted FLASH ROMS.
    Please note,I do not have a PLC or any kind of FLASH programmer with me. Can
    I do without it.

    If there are any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak