[ANNOUNCE] linuxbios utilities.

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Apr 10 13:30:01 CEST 2003

Adam Agnew <agnew at cs.umd.edu> writes:

> Is there a map of bits of the cmos used?

Yes.  It tends to leave out things like Ron's uses but what
LinuxBIOS and etherboot use are in the map.  They cmos.layout files
are the source of the map, and the map is provided in the LinuxBIOS
table.

> In ADLO we set a few bits because the Bochs BIOS it built to rely on an
> AMI cmos for settings.

You probably want to take a look at how either etherboot or cmos_util
get the map.  We can probably included your Bochs BIOS settings as
well.  So far I have steered clear of legacy locations to reduce
the chance of conflicts with hard codes but ultimately it is better
to put everyone into the map.

A big thing on the todo list is to figure out how to move some of
the settings into the Rom chip.  Very useful for board without a CMOS
battery or at least without a reliable one.

Eric