Random comments on LinuxBIOS

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Wed Apr 16 21:41:01 CEST 2003

If anyone has some actual patent #'s we can all find out more at
http://delphion.com

Of interest so far I find:

US6546489: Disk drive which provides a secure boot of a host computer system
from a protected area of a disk
-doesn't sound like it uses PKI but it's a start
US6175924: Method and apparatus for protecting application data in secure
storage areas
-uses PKI, but for userspace code.

And we could see the really interesting stuff about MS's Palladium (I know,
they changed the name...) pending applications for a mere $75 a month.

Jeremy