Error ...

Alexander Amelkin spirit at reactor.ru
Fri Apr 18 16:42:00 CEST 2003

Hello ron,

Saturday, April 19, 2003, 1:04:20 AM, you wrote:

rm> On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Alexander Amelkin wrote:

>> Personally, I'd prefer LinuxBIOS to be compatible with lm_sensors.
>> It's very pity to miss such a nice part of hardware as monitoring.
>> What's the problem with supporting it?

rm> monitoring is good. Especially if it is good monitoring. Lm_sensors is not
rm> good enough for us. I think the supermon framework for hardware monitors
rm> is lots better.

Thanks for the hint. I'll try the supermon.

rm> linuxbios is compatible with lm_sensors, but on this one platform,
rm> lm_sensors is breaking linuxbios somehow. It will get fixed.

Well... on sis630 (pcchips 787cl+) lm_sensors don't show anything with
linuxbios, while with AMIBIOS they do show lots of things.

A little off-topic... I was quite amazed when I found that on EPIA
ESP5000 there is a monitoring chip detected by lm_sensors, but no actual
sensors present. :) Anyone knows if that is really so, or is that just
a bug of lm_sensors?

With best regards,
Alexander  mailto:spirit at reactor.ru