p4dpe/g2 and p4dpeg2 builds broken

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Mon Apr 21 13:44:28 CEST 2003

"Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Greg Watson wrote:
>
> > Probably removing i386isms for the PPC port. Sorry.
>
> can you undo this? let's talk about how.

A couple of thoughts the option can be enabled by default,
to the x86 build.

And the fact that get_option is so tightly tied to that particular
piece of hardware may be a bug.

My question is why was the option needed?

That general piece of code was initially taken from the alpha
kernel tree, so it is for more than just x86, and the code
should compile on multiple platforms.

And if nothing referenced the code it should not have been linked
in.  So I don't see where the previous state of affairs should be
a problem.

Eric