Linuxbios + Etherboot + tagged Kernel Image

Andrew Ip aip at cwlinux.com
Thu Apr 24 21:10:01 CEST 2003

> "etherboot will init the harddisk, and get the linux kernel
> from the first partition of your harddisk.
> so you just put the kernel into your harddisk's first partition
> and the kernel name must be "kernel". filesystem can be ext2. "
> But I have multiple partitions on my harddisk, Linux is not on
> /dev/hda1 , is there any other solutions ?
I think the patch support ext2, ext3 and vfat at the moment.
If you are using something other than these.  You still can
extract file system code from grub to support other filessystem,
eg reiserfs, xfs, jfs.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Ip
Email:  aip at cwlinux.com
Tel:    (852) 2542 2046
Fax:    (852) 2542 2036
Mobile: (852) 9201 9866

Cwlinux Limited
Unit 202B 2/F Lai Cheong Factory Building,
479-479A Castle Peak Road,
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon,
Hong Kong.

Tel: (852)2542 2046