etherboot dosen't find my elfkernel

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Apr 25 20:16:01 CEST 2003

Adam Agnew <agnew at cs.umd.edu> writes:

> PCMCIA mount?
> Etherboot wont look at pcmcia devices. If its going to find a compact
> flash card, it will be because there's a compact flash on IDE adapter.
> Then it will see it as a hard disk.

You may have a point.  Richard how many IDE disks do you have?

I guess I am wondering if it looks like the correct disk
is being checked.

I still favor the partition is to late on the disk theory but, not checking
the CF works as well.

For a pure test case it is possible to just dd the ELF image onto the start
of the disk.  If you don't need partitions.  That is the way Ron is currently
using the code.

Eric