Using ADLO with Linuxbios

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Mon Apr 28 15:46:01 CEST 2003

Steve Gehlbach wrote:

>>> dd if=elfImage of=/dev/hdc1 bs=4096 seek=1
>
>  >>--------------------------^^
>
> What Ron used was /dev/hdc, ie, the drive from the beginning, not
> partition 1.  The 4096 and seek=1 skips over the partition table and
> puts the image into the last part of the MBR/partition table area

On my system if I add the seek option to dd it whines about /dev/hde
being an invalid argument as well so I don't think its the partition
number thats causing the issue.

'dd if=elfimage of=/dev/hde bs=4096 seek=1'

still generates and Invalid argument but appears to work anyway as I get
the proper ammount of records in/out and the CF boots.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com